Farm Africa is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Finance and Admin Officer in charge of programs in Amibra and Awash sebat Woredas, Afar.
- Job Title: Project Finance and Admin Officer
- Job by Farm Africa
- Deadline: Feb 22, 2024
- Location: Amibra and Awash sebat Woredas, Afar
JOB TITLE: Project Finance and Admin Officer
REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator
REPORTING TO POSTHOLDER: Cashier/Accountant, Office Attendant and Driver
LOCATION: Afar region; Awash Sebat Kilo
DURATION & HOURS: one year with possibility of extension
FARM Africa, founded in 1985, is an international non-governmental organization working in Ethiopia since 1988. Farm Africa works to end hunger and bring prosperity to rural Africa. We believe Africa has the power to feed itself and are helping make this happen by establishing and spreading the best farming and forestry techniques so that poor farmers and herders have more food to feed their families and to sell. We help smallholders manage their natural resources sustainably so that they can withstand climate change challenges and shocks and ensure their families have enough food in the future as well as now. FARM Africa works in partnership with communities, government, local and international organizations, and the private sector to innovate, learn and share best practices for maximum impact of our projects.
private sector to innovate, learn and share best practices for maximum impact of our projects.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The overall purpose of the project Finance and admin. Officer are to
- Ensure the smooth running of the project office through strong management of cash, stores, vehicle arrangement, and communication and handle financial activities and logistics
- Responsible for the day-to-day general financial and administration of the organization, assisting the Project Coordinator, Project Finance Manager and supporting the staff team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONISBILITES
- Verify pre and post financial transactions at field office level (for completeness, accuracy, availability of budget, ensuring compliances), and submit to program Finance manager at CO
- Prepare cash books on time with quality, and submit to the program Finance manager (FM)
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation on time and with quality, and submit to the FM- CO.
- Liaising with banks for all finance matters
- Follow up on the timely settlement of staff advances by closely working with program finance manager at CO and report to the CO advances long overdue
- Support the PC/Team Leader at FO in preparing monthly cash forecast & transfer request ensuring accuracy & timeliness
- Review the detail of BMRs together with PC/Team Leader at FO, communicate any adjustments on a timely manner, ensure the availability of budget for any transaction ahead; and advice the PC/Team Leader at FO on timely utilization of budgets
- Ensure all relevant staff members of field office are informed of donor/ government requirements; and work closely with program and other support functions to ensure compliance
Procurement & Other Support Services
- Responsible for facilitating & handling all procurements of field office
- Handle FO logistic service including movements of vehicles, project inputs and reports to the CO Logistic Manager
- Ensure the timely procurement and distribution of items at field office, keeping all relevant documentation complete and up to date & by closely working with the Technical Team at field office
- Liaison with CO-Procurement Manager & follow up all procurements of the project to be made at CO level or need to get approval from CO
- Support the PC/Team Leader at FO in preparing procurement plan regularly
- Implement a system to ensure efficient use and safety of the project vehicles and equipment, including timely and appropriate maintenance and monitoring of costs
- Follow up, organize all leave and other HR related records and submit to the CO HRM
- Assist in staff recruitment and disciplinary issues
- Ensure a conducive staff working environment
- Manage the operations of the project compound by Liaising with the Leaser of office building
- Perform all other duties as requested by LM
These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
BA or above in accounting or related fields
Training on financial application systems such as SUN, Peachtree
Knowledge of employment legislation in Ethiopia
Good understanding and firm belief in gender equality and issues in rural communities
At least three years relevant experience in Finance and Administration role with similar responsibilities in an NGO or private enterprise
Previous INGO work experience in rural areas
Experience of asset and inventory management
Skills & abilities
Skills in budgeting and maintaining accounts
Skills in financial application systems
Strong computer skills and experience working with accounting software
Computer literacy, excellent record keeping and report writing
Strong attention to detail and problem- solving skills
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Good team building skills and the ability to work in a multi partner approach
Strong analytical, organisational and IT skills
Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision, prioritize tasks and to take initiative
Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals and values of Farm Africa
Skills in working as part of a team
How to Apply
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their brief summary of CV (maximum of 3 pages) and one-page cover letter addressing to
https://airtable.com/app2DAkdEkWDwr94R/shrvQJasqJhKTkyAN by 22 February 2024.
Documents cannot be returned and due to large number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.